Quantcast
Am I crazy or is this the worst time ever to buy a vehicle? - Page 85 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 85 of 125 FirstFirst ... 75 84 85 86 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2493

Thread: Am I crazy or is this the worst time ever to buy a vehicle?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    she thinks we can afford $60k vehicles (like her dual income, professional friends) with one person working, one on mat leave from a slightly above min wage job and a fucked credit rating
    That's the Canadian way!
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    That's the Canadian way!
    BINGO! It gives me heart palpitations

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Sounds like a little heart to heart with her is required. Long before you decide to buy any vehicles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Sounds like you need to trade that in.

And I don't mean the Odyssey.
    If the lack of new van doesn't do it, just wait til the dog dies

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

My wife won't let me trade in out 2012 ody, because she doesn't like what's out there to test-drive.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    My wife won't let me trade in out 2012 ody, because she doesn't like what's out there to test-drive.
    It's a great vehicle...and another good thing is I can do a LOT of the maintenance myself since I own both a 10mm and a 14mm wrench

OK it's old and higher mileage, but i'm pretty sure it's still a more solid vehicle than anything KIA are making

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    That's the Canadian way!
    The Canadian way would be to roll in a whole bunch of negative equity from a 2 year old car on trade, because shiny new thing

Smart move haggis, you'll probably be able to get that same van for a lot less in a years time.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    The Canadian way would be to roll in a whole bunch of negative equity from a 2 year old car on trade, because shiny new thing

Smart move haggis, you'll probably be able to get that same van for a lot less in a years time.
    If the forums are to be believed, these things are like hens-teeth right now...small pockets of them appearing at dealerships, we ordered it in August 2022 but apparently some people who ordered higher spec models before that are still waiting on delivery

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I still can't believe minivan demand is far outstripping supply. I dunno wtf happened, everyone work from home, fucking a lot, and more kids? Out east Sienna wait times are at 5 years for an AWD model lol.

If you can live with FWD, the base Sienna is good, less demand and it pops up for sale at MSRP randomly. I still can't believe how much gas we're saving with ours. Every bit helps if you're tight on finances. It's also holding values really well (at least in our case for AWD) just because of the supply issues. People paying MSRP for 2 year old miled out vans still. Crazy shit.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I still can't believe minivan demand is far outstripping supply. I dunno wtf happened, everyone work from home, fucking a lot, and more kids? Out east Sienna wait times are at 5 years for an AWD model lol.

If you can live with FWD, the base Sienna is good, less demand and it pops up for sale at MSRP randomly. I still can't believe how much gas we're saving with ours. Every bit helps if you're tight on finances. It's also holding values really well (at least in our case for AWD) just because of the supply issues. People paying MSRP for 2 year old miled out vans still. Crazy shit.
    With the Carnival, it seems to just be the EX+, SX and SX+ models that have the 12mo+ timelines, they think it's something to do with the digital dash

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a new van too, but I really can't justify having a $400/bw payment for the next 6 years

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a new van too, but I really can't justify having a $400/bw payment for the next 6 years
    That's where i am at with an F150, with the exception the ext cab doesnt fit a car seat. Wife gave the go-ahead, but she also wants another kid and i only have 9-10months left of dual income.

Not sure what you were offered for a financing rate, but i would hope you would be around or under 2% on a new vehicle
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

That's the base cost on the KIA lol

The predatory financing I need kills it, but the wife doesn't look at it that way...she thinks we can afford $60k vehicles (like her dual income, professional friends) with one person working, one on mat leave from a slightly above min wage job and a fucked credit rating
    I have a similar problem, she wants a Macan, Cayenne or X3 but neither one of us want to pay for it.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by GT.....O? View Post
    That's where i am at with an F150, with the exception the ext cab doesnt fit a car seat. Wife gave the go-ahead, but she also wants another kid and i only have 9-10months left of dual income.

Not sure what you were offered for a financing rate, but i would hope you would be around or under 2% on a new vehicle
    8.99% with CIBC, zero down

Kia in-house was 7.49%

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Timmmmmmmbeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    Limited edition, but still

The Porsche bros in the back just through darts at a pricewheel
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Timmmmmmmbeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 543
Size:  488.3 KB

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

8.99% with CIBC, zero down

Kia in-house was 7.49%

This is on a new car?? I dont blame you for bailing, i'd switch brands or find another dealership. There are still lots of places offering 2-3% financing on new cars.... guess it depends how flexible you are.
    What is it that you love about the Kia? Cant find anything similar in another brand?

I'd tell the wife, if she is set on a new car to find something she can compromise on.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

My Ride
    Bicycle

This is on a new car?? I dont blame you for bailing, i'd switch brands or find another dealership. There are still lots of places offering 2-3% financing on new cars.... guess it depends how flexible you are.
    You do know VWFS want 8.7% on a Taos right?

2-3% is hard to come by for most cars people want. Only cars stuck in lot get low rate, like 1.5% on Sierra up to 72 mths.

My Ride
    *The First*

What is it that you love about the Kia? Cant find anything similar in another brand?

I'd tell the wife, if she is set on a new car to find something she can compromise on.
    He mentioned that he's a long way from swimming around in his money like Scrooge McDuck. This is (one of the many reasons) why I keep complaining that everything the government in Canada has been doing is fisting the lower income folks. To claim that "we are here to help the less fortunate" is a lie.

The current path of our fiscal policies leads to bread-lines. Yes, billions will be stolen from the "wealthy" but I don't see how that helps people who are standing in line for bread.
    It's not a good system. It's got a pretty banner with some rainbow colours on it and it says it's for all people-kind, but it's not a good system.

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Yeah with my credit score I ain't gonna be getting a low rate, had a line of credit for a couple thousand dollars that I let go to collections under the advice of BMO when I was out of the country for 3 years because they can't take international payments on loans...hindsight is wonderful but that's now a massive debt under my name

I don't love anything about the van, but it's the cheapest MSRP for a new van out of them all, even the Grand Caravan is like a $46k starting point now

I make decent money, but not beyond money and certainly not enough to be living a lavish lifestyle in Calgary when it's only my wage coming in (and it fluctuates based on how much I work)

I mean, in my opinion she's fucking lucky to have a car at all, I don't have one!

My Ride
    ute

Yeah with my credit score I ain't gonna be getting a low rate, had a line of credit for a couple thousand dollars that I let go to collections under the advice of BMO when I was out of the country for 3 years because they can't take international payments on loans...hindsight is wonderful but that's now a massive debt under my name

I don't love anything about the van, but it's the cheapest MSRP for a new van out of them all, even the Grand Caravan is like a $46k starting point now

I make decent money, but not beyond money and certainly not enough to be living a lavish lifestyle in Calgary when it's only my wage coming in (and it fluctuates based on how much I work)

I mean, in my opinion she's fucking lucky to have a car at all, I don't have one!
    You must have a large haggis

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You must have a large haggis
    I don't even know how to respond

Page 85 of 125 FirstFirst ... 75 84 85 86 95 ... LastLast