Quantcast
Shaw is pissing me off. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaw is pissing me off.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Default Shaw is pissing me off.

Never had an issue with Shaw until yesterday.

First a little back story. I had an account with Shaw for a place I was living in from 2011 to the end of Jan. 2014. During this time, my account was in good standing. I moved into my new house at the end of Jan. 2014. At this time, I wanted new equipment, and a new account. The transition went smoothly. I closed my original account, and opened a new one and the tech came over and did the install.

Fast forward to yesterday. I get a phone call from a collection agency. They say I owe Shaw money from Feb. 2014 to July 2014 on the original account. I say impossible. That account was out of my name and left my hands in Jan of 2014. They claim I called back in Feb. and told them to reinstate the original account in my name again. No such call ever took place.

I told them I was at a new residence in Feb, under a new account and to look it up... which they did. They can see I was under a new account at a different residence. The Shaw rep tells me he will dig deeper into it and he will call back.

He calls me back saying this whole account has strange notes left on it by other reps. He reads them to me and they make no sense whatsoever. He thinks a rep made a mistake somewhere back during the transition from my original account to my new account. He speaks to his superiors and they say to send them a copy of my water bill showing my new residence in Feb and they will wipe this clean.

I say ok. I start thinking about it more and end up calling back. I tell them"Why the hell should I have to find stuff to fix a problem on your end?" They say they will call me back today.

Why the fuck wouldn't they call after they noticed the first months payment went over due? This situation would have been corrected way earlier than this. They never called about any of this and sent it directly to collections without any warning at all. I am extremely pissed about this.

I'm very concerned about this. It's already in collections and I don't know how this shit works. My credit already taking a hit???

I have absolutely no intention of paying for Shaws mistake.

/rant!
    Last edited by 16hypen3sp; 09-12-2014 at 09:22 AM.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Silverado

you forgot the

/rant

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    you forgot the

/rant
    corrected!
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Just send a copy of the bill and be done with it really. If they sent it to a collections agency you got 30 days to fix it up with that company and it doesn't hit your credit history. They already given you a way out of it.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Show them the proooove

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Since you can get your water bill form your records in less than a minute, just send it in. You actually spent longer making this thread than it would have taken to fix this.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

^ I don't have access to those records at the moment. I'm working in Northern Alberta. And by the sounds from the collection people, it's going to affect my credit before I get home.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Call Enmax, get email of old bill, forward to Shaw.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm surprised he even needs a water bill. What difference does it make if he shows a water bill or a shaw bill (which Shaw has full access to) at the new residence?

I'm guessing the mix up came from the fact that the OP wanted a new account to take advantage of new equipment and/or promotions vs a straight forward transition, and the old account never got shut down properly.

What happened to the equipment at the old account? Did you return it? If so you'd THINK that's proof enough for Shaw that service was terminated.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Or, is it possible that some piece of mail went to the old residence, and the new resident decided to get "free" cabling using the OPs name? Shaw reps aren't exactly the smartest bunch... "Hi, I'm 16hypen3sp, living at *address*, I just recently cancelled my cable, but have decided to turn it back on again, can you please reinstate it?"

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by codetrap
    Or, is it possible that some piece of mail went to the old residence, and the new resident decided to get "free" cabling using the OPs name? Shaw reps aren't exactly the smartest bunch... "Hi, I'm 16hypen3sp, living at *address*, I just recently cancelled my cable, but have decided to turn it back on again, can you please reinstate it?"
    Possibility.

BUT good news everyone! I just got off the phone with both Shaw and the collections people and it is being taken care of properly. I'm in the clear now!

And my town office came through for me too. They emailed me my water bill for my new place that shows I moved from old residence to new residence at very end of Jan.

Everything is working out fine now.... just had to press them a bit and they got shit done.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    G37X

Just cancelled my shaw tv yesterday..internet only. Such a waste of money for the poor channel selection I was getting.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

From what I've heard Shaw is pretty bad for letting you know your bills are overdue.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Hmmm... It seems Shaw has some serious security flaws. As codetrap said, anyone with the name of the account and old address can call in impersonating the original account holder.

You don't even need the account number, they will happily find it for whoever is calling. Really, really weird stuff they are doing there.

Another funny thing, when I called them over this issue, they still didn't authenticate that it was actually me calling and not someone else.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Edge

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    Just cancelled my shaw tv yesterday..internet only. Such a waste of money for the poor channel selection I was getting.
    I tried this a week ago but, apparently, because we have our home phone with them as well and we get the bundle discount, the cost of the phone doubles when cable is cancelled. So to keep basic cable, combined with a $15 discount the guy gave me for 12 months, and keeping the Timeshift package ($5), it is only $5 more than if we were to drop cable completely. So I kept basic.

But the thing that gets me is that I was paying $25 for some extra packages, including sports for $10, which gave me TSN and SN. Now, I find that at some point since I initially got cable, they changed their packages and TSN and SN are included with basic cable! Of course they are not going to say anything because they're getting me for an extra $10 a month, and only they know how long that's been going on.

Scammers.

My Ride
    G37X

^Shaw funkin' blows. Ripoff for what you get imo. They really try and get you to keep the tv when you call. I told the lady that the content is not worth the monthly fee and also I'm looking forward to no longer having to watch the cooking channel with my gf.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Default Re: Shaw is pissing me off.

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

I'm very concerned about this. It's already in collections and I don't know how this shit works. My credit already taking a hit???

Call Equifax and get a free promotional code for the Home Depot leak and check your credit for free
    https://homedepot.allclearid.com/

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Shaw discconected one of my friends for only giving them a "partial payment" for the prevous month

He had accidently paid them 3 cents too little so they brought the hammer down

So glad I switched to Nucleus, no more BS
    That's hard to believe. We deal with a bunch of accounts at work, and we had a 6 month stretch where all of the accounts were in arrears because the credit card changed and nobody updated it. None of the employees were disconnected.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast